Pages

Saturday 14 November 2015

Throne of Glass [Series: Book 1-4] by Sarah J. Maas: Review


Hello Daises! May I say exams are exhausting and studying for them is even worse. Worst part of school is the fact that I do not have enough time to read, but when I do... haha... I will not stop. Yes, I am a passionate reader and have been my whole life. Anyone's else heart breaks when they don't have time to read?

I have heard many good things about the series Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas and I finally picked up. I love it and recommend it! An 18-year-old assassin by the name of Celaena Sardothien has been serving a year of hard labor in the salt mines of Endovier for her actions. However, she is dragged out by the Crown Prince Dorian who offers her freedom, but there is a twist: she must act as his champion in a competition to find a new royal assassin.
Throughout the books we see her fighting physically and mentally, we see her endure pain and suffer. It is a series of her finding her true self, dealing with love, pain and loss and finding friends in unbelievable places.
"I am Celaena Sardothien, Adarlan's Assassin. If these men knew who I was, they'd stop laughing. I am Celaena Sardothien. I am going to win. I will not be afraid."
She is the fighter, which we all possess in us.

Personal opinion on each separate book:
  • Throne of Glass (Book One) - this was probably my favourite book since we saw how badass Celaena. We saw her story, we saw the friendship and love to others she built. We saw her deal with the loss of dear ones. We saw what people can be capability and how strong she is to stand up to those people.
  • Crown of Midnight (Book Two) - Where does Celaena's loyalty lie? Lies, deception and death of friends. Can Celaena forgive herself and others of her friends death? We also see Celaena's true potential.
  • Heir of Fire (Book Three) - I must say that this book was very tedious for me. It dragged on for too long. That's what it seemed like. Apart from that the reader got to meet Rowan. Ok, I needed to include that, because I ship Rowan and Celaena! <3 I'm sorry to the people who ship her with Dorian or Chaol. Don't hurt me!! *dodges attacks* This book also reveals the complete truth about Celaena Sardothien as she discovers who she is.
  • Queen of Shadows (Book Four) - A fight to save her friends, the kingdom and the lands around. And I must admit Celaena/Rowan together in this book are fucking adorable!! *fangirling*

List of songs I listened to when reading the series (in order of what I listened to the most): Is anyone else like this? They have a specific playlist for a book.

Book 5 soon to be published!! Expected in 2016.

 photo 1827972700063522020813_zpse86eb856.png

No comments:

Post a Comment